5 Day/ 6 Night Sail to Ski: Lyngen AlpsCombine your passions for the ultimate skiing and sailing adventure including 5 days of ski touring in the Lyngen Alps.
Our 5 Day / 6 Night Sail to Ski is the ultimate ski experience you did not know existed, until now. Get on a comfortable catamaran and sail to the Lyngen Alps for sailing, 5 days of ski touring, fishing & exploring. Join with a group of friends, or book a cabin and meet a new group of ski friends!
About the concept
Sail to Ski 5 Day / 6 Night2020 Dates Below
- Private cabin for 2 people (double rooms) with private bathroom
- A guided sail to ski tour onboard one of our catamarans
- Certified Ski Guide to tailor itinerary based on ski level(s) for 5 days of skiing
- Professional Skipper
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for 5 days (Sunday-Thursday) – family style dining where one cabin helps the skipper to cook each evening! Menus are planned before the trip.
- Prepare & taste your fresh catch
- Warm Safety suits
- Ski gear rental upon request
Sail, ski, repeat.
Just imagine packing your ski gear, loading them onto a comfortable catamaran with your friends or join a group of new ski friends and getting ready to sail to the Lyngen Alps for a 5 days and 6 nights of a once in a lifetime sail to ski adventure. Open a map, choose a mountain, sail to it, skin to the top, stop for lunch at the summit, ski down while glancing at peaks soaring 1200 meter fjords straight from the sea all around you. After a long day on the mountain, come back to your boat for a quick arctic plunge, warm shower and potentially stop at a fishing spot to catch some protein for dinner.
This is a once in a lifetime ski experience for those wanting a more secluded, unique and magical skiing adventure. The sun is out for 15-20 hours a day starting in April, which means there is plenty of time to explore as much as possible.
We have 2 catamarans sleeping 6 guests (2 in each cabin). The week includes a certified ski guide, and skipper along with breakfast, lunch and dinner made to cater your dietary wants and needs. You can either choose to rent the boat out for a group of friends OR book a double cabin (2 people max) and meet a new group of ski friends.
You can plan on ski touring for 5 days
Pricing Double Cabins
Our bookings are currently open for Cabin Bookings (1-2 people per cabin) or private bookings (maximum 6 people). Please note, when booking a cabin you will be spending breakfast, lunch, dinner & your time on the mountain with with new ski friends, a ski guide & our skipper. Each cabin comes with bed linens, towels, simple toiletries & a private bathroom.
The Golden Eagle: 44.000 per cabin (22.000 NOK per person) x 3 cabins = 132000 NOK for the week
The White Hawk: 44.000 per cabin (22.000 NOK per person) x 3 cabins = 132000 NOK for the week
This sail to ski trip is from Saturday to Friday, with guide & gear check at 15:00 on Saturday (day of arrival), the group will is more than welcome to sleep on-board Saturday, where we will set sail early Sunday morning for our first ski day. We will arrive back to Tromsø late Thursday evening where we will sleep on-board at the Tromsø harbor. We kindly ask that you disembark at 09:00 the following Friday. The first day of skiing is Sunday as we sail out on Sunday morning.
The Golden Eagle
Week 12 (March 14-20)
Week 13 (March 21-27)
Week 14 (March 28 – April 3)
Week 15 (April 4-10) Week 16 (April 11-17) Week 17 (April 18-24) Week 18 (April 25 – May 1)
Week 19 (May 2 – May 8)
Week 20 (May 9-15)
The White Hawk
Week 12 (March 14-20)
Week 13 (March 21-27)
Week 14 (March 28 – April 3) Week 15 (April 4-10) Week 16 (April 11-17) Week 17 (April 18-24) Week 18 (April 25 – May 1) Week 19 (May 2 – May 8)
Week 20 (May 9-15)
What to Expect
Arrival Day – Gear Check & Boarding
Get ready to be amazed by the breathtaking snowy mountain ranges in the far north. After arriving to Tromsø, we will meet at our base camp in central Tromsø to grab a coffee, tea, or snacks before heading onto the boat. This is the perfect time to pick up your rental gear, last minute snacks, or other items you may need for your trip. At 15:00, you will meet your guide who will check your gear, along with planning the itinerary for the coming days.
Your skipper will introduce the boat to you, run a safety briefing on what to do in case of an emergency and your ski guide will get a feel for what you are interested in throughout the week.
After, you are more than welcome to grab a bite to eat in town, explore the city and enjoy. We will set sail early Sunday morning so we recommend getting comfortable on the boat and getting a good nights rest.
Day Two – Six
Each and every day we will assess the ski area based on group level and weather conditions. Your guide has a list of epic mountains to take all levels, and we will decide on our next destination the evening before. If you would like to request a certain mountain please let our team know before hand so we can try to accommodate the route.
Each morning, the group will wake up to a homemade breakfast & of course, fresh coffee before making our way onto land. After ski touring, your skipper will pick you up where you can have a late lunch on the boat. If you dare to take a polar plunge (the real way to shower in the Arctic) now is the time.
Afterwards, we will set sail for our next location, drop anchor in a secluded bay, cook dinner, relax, play games and enjoy the time under what is almost the midnight sun.
We will arrive back to Tromsø on Thursday evening where we will sleep in Tromsø harbor for an early morning departure on Friday.
Day Seven – Disembarkation
On the last day, we kindly ask that you disembark the boat at 09:00. You will have access to our base camp lounge throughout the day to re-pack, relax, catch up on wifi or you can explore the city before your flight.
Throughout the week, there will be several opportunities to rest your ski legs for a few other activities (that is if you wish of course). Each of these activities depends on the weather conditions, and availability.
- Sauna / Hot Tub
- Fishing Day
- Beach BBQ
- Basic Sailing Lesson
- How many days of skiing will we get?
- This trip includes 5 full ski days with a certified ski guide (Ski days: Sunday-Thursday)
- If I book a cabin, who will we share the boat with?
- You will make new friends from all over the world. We will do our best to match people with similar skiing abilities together to ensure a great experience for all. You must have ski touring or back country experience and are physically fit to ski tour 1500 vertical meters per day with avalanche gear.
- I have never been ski touring before? Is this trip for me?
- While many of our guests have never been touring before, we recommend that you are an expert skier in a physical condition to hike up to 1500 vertical meters daily. Every mountain is only off-piste terrain where the weather conditions can change quite fast. If you have never been ski touring before, you will only be able to book a private boat.
- Are flights included?
- Flights are not included, though you will book a flight to Tromsø, Norway (TOS). Most connections are through Oslo. We recommend SAS or Norwegian Airlines.
- Can you accommodate dietary requests?
- We can accommodate all dietary requests if you let us know beforehand.
- Will you provide ski gear?
- We do not provide ski gear, though we will provide a tentative packing list with recommendations for where to rent gear. You are able to rent locally, or in the city that you come from. We suggest bringing skis with touring bindings, technical boots, skins, poles, avalanche gear (shovel, probe, transceiver), dress in layers as the temperatures change. After booking the trip, we will send the full packing guide!
- Do you have more questions? Email our team!
Safety & Comfort is Key
You are our #1 in our hearts
Keeping our Earth Clean & Happy
X marks the spot
What about food?
Getting to shore
Bringing the entire gang along?
Looking for something more?
Overall Length: 44 feet
Passenger Capacity: 12
Cruising Speed: 7-9 Knots
Double Cabins: 2
Large VIP Suite: 1
Bathrooms with shower: 3