NORTHERN LIGHTS MINI BUS CHASE TROMSØ | Witness the Northern Lights on a comfortable northern lights mini bus tour in Tromsø with a guide who has the passion to help show you the northern lights dance in the sky above. This tour will leave from the center of Tromsø on a 15 seat mini bus where we will venture out to the best spots to watch the aurora dance in the sky.
Daily :18:00 (First departure), 18:45 (Second departure) and 17:15 (we open this time slot of the other two are fully booked)
Mini Bus Chase with Driver & Guide
Warm home made soup, hot chocolate, coffee & tea
Warm safety suits & boots for arctic conditions
Complimentary Tri-Pod Rental
Learn about Northern Lights forecasting & photography during the tour
Photos sent to you within 72 hours after your tour
Lounge Access at our Base Camp
What’s Not Included
Airfare to Tromsø
Things to note about this tour
Recommended min. age is 7 yrs old for this tour
Season: 15th September – 31st March
More About This Tour
Tromsø is one of the top places in the world to witness the Northern Lights. We make this experience optimal for you during our comfortable Northern Lights minibus chase, departing from our base camp in central Tromsø. You will be with one of our dedicated guides, who has the passion to help show you the Northern Lights dance in the sky above, we are here to ensure that this a memorable night to remember for a lifetime.
In small groups with a maximum of 15 people we will set out into the polar night to one of our favorite spots to watch the Northern Lights (away from light pollution and with clearest skies possible). If it is cloudy above Tromsø, don’t worry, it is possible to find a clear skies at a location further away. Our team will carefully analyze the weather conditions before the tour, while keeping in touch with other guides to monitor cloud movements in the local and surrounding areas.
Once we find the best spot, it will be time to wait for the lights to shine while setting up our cameras and taking photos. Your guide will take professional photographs, which will be shared within 3 days of your tour. Your guide will also help you set up your own camera – if you need a tripod, we can let you borrow one of ours for free. Our aim is to create a stress free, enjoyable and safe way to be able to see the Northern Lights during your stay in the Arctic.
Your guide will stay with you for the entire evening while making sure you are as comfortable and warm as possible. We provide thermal suits and warm, dry boots for the entire duration of the tour. Later in the evening we will make a bonfire, have a warm meal and enjoy hot drinks by the fire. If you are a vegetarian or have any other dietary preferences, please let us know and we will make sure there is something for you as well!
Before & after the tour: Before the tour takes off we will meet up at our Base camp in central Tromsø for a briefing and introduction to the area we will explore and the Northern Lights forecast for the evening. The minibus picks you up outside the building so there is no need to walk far or get cold on the way. After the tour you have a short walk back to your hotel (our recommended hotels are only located a few hundred meters from our base camp in central Tromsø).
– Meet at the Pukka Base Camp where you can enjoy our warm Lounge (In the City Center)
– Our guide will greet you, provide a briefing for the Northern Lights chase, including forecasting and the area we will explore.
– Get geared up for a night in the Arctic Nature (we provide Thermal suits and winter boots)
– Departure to the place with clearest skies to give you best chances of seeing the Northern Lights (depending on the weather conditions we go remote landscapes near or far)
– Time to zip up your warm thermal suit and get ready with your camera
– Time for pictures and opportunity to enjoy arctic landscape
– We will make a bonfire and warm meal, hot drinks and snacks
– Storytelling and socializing by the fire , monitoring weather conditions and Northern Lights activity
– Sweet goodbyes to the Arctic nature and gear up to leave the spot
– Departure towards Tromsø – depending on how far we went it will take 1-2 hours
– Arrival back in central Tromsø at our base camp
What our customers say
We will send you professional photos from your tour
Why Choose Pukka Travels?
Mother nature is our number one girl, and we are trying to pave the way on environmentally friendly travel in the Arctic. In order to do this, we are working on becoming better and better every day. Read more about our Eco Lighthouse Certification Here