Northern Lights Mini Bus TromsoSmall groups with a professional guide with a mission to see the northern lights dance in the sky above
Witness the Northern Lights on a comfortable northern lights mini bus tour in Tromsø with a guide who has the passion to help show you the northern lights dance in the sky above.
Tromsø is one of the top places in the world to witness the Northern Lights. We make this experience optimal for you during our comfortable Northern Lights minibus chase, departing from our base camp in central Tromsø. You will be with one of our dedicated guides, who has the passion to help show you the Northern Lights dance in the sky above, we are here to ensure that this a memorable night to remember for a lifetime.
In small groups with a maximum of 15 people we will set out into the polar night to one of our favorite spots to watch the Northern Lights (away from light pollution and with clearest skies possible). If it is cloudy above Tromsø, don’t worry, it is possible to find a clear skies at a location further away. Our team will carefully analyze the weather conditions before the tour, while keeping in touch with other guides to monitor cloud movements in the local and surrounding areas.
The perfect combination of comfort, nature, great company and the passion to find the northern lights.
Once we find the best spot, it will be time to wait for the lights to shine while setting up our cameras and taking photos. Your guide will take professional photographs, which will be shared within 3 days of your tour. Your guide will also help you set up your own camera – if you need a tripod, we can let you borrow one of ours for free. Our aim is to create a stress free, enjoyable and safe way to be able to see the Northern Lights during your stay in the Arctic.
Your guide will stay with you for the entire evening while making sure you are as comfortable and warm as possible. We provide thermal suits and warm, dry boots for the entire duration of the tour. Later in the evening we will make a bonfire, have a warm meal, roast marshmallows and enjoy hot drinks by the fire. If you are a vegetarian or have any other dietary preferences, please let us know and we will make sure there is something for you as well!
Before & after the tour: Before the tour takes off we will meet up at our Base camp in central Tromsø for a briefing and introduction to the area we will explore and the Northern Lights forecast for the evening. The minibus picks you up outside the building so there is no need to walk far or get cold on the way. After the tour you have a short walk back to your hotel (our recommended hotels are only located a few hundred meters from our base camp in central Tromsø).
Northern Lights Minibus Chase With Maximum 15 GuestsDaily :18:00 (First departure), 18:45 (Second departure) and 17:15 (Third departure)
- Access to our Basecamp Lounge 15 minutes before your tour
- An introduction to the evening schedule
- Learn about Northern Lights forecasting & photography during the tour
- Certified driver and guide
- Complimentary tripod rental for your own amazing images
- Professional pictures taken during the evening and sent to you 72 hours after the tour
- Home-cooked warm meal made by local chef
- Coffee, tea & warm chocolate
- Nuts & marshmallows
- Heated minibus with comfortable seating
- Warm suits to be comfortable in the Arctic night
- Possibility to borrow hats and gloves for the duration of the tour
- Recommended min. age 7 yrs
- Season: 15th September – 31st March
How do you prefer to book your travels?
– Meet at the Pukka Base Camp where you can enjoy our warm Lounge (In the City Center)
– Our guide will greet you, provide a briefing for the Northern Lights chase, including forecasting and the area we will explore.
– Get geared up for a night in the Arctic Nature (we provide Thermal suits and winter boots)
– Departure to the place with clearest skies to give you best chances of seeing the Northern Lights (depending on the weather conditions we go remote landscapes near or far)
– Time to zip up your warm thermal suit and get ready with your camera
– Time for pictures and opportunity to enjoy arctic landscape
– We will make a bonfire and warm meal, hot drinks and snacks
– Storytelling and socializing by the fire , monitoring weather conditions and Northern Lights activity
– Sweet goodbyes to the Arctic nature and gear up to leave the spot
– Departure towards Tromsø – depending on how far we went it will take 1-2 hours
– Arrival back in central Tromsø at our base camp
Safety & Comfort is Key
At Pukka Travels, we care about your comfort and if you are warm, you will have a much better experience. We will provide insulated arctic safety suits, gloves and waterproof boots that will keep you dry and warm during your expedition to see the Northern Lights.
You are our #1 in our hearts
At Pukka Travels our #1 priority is our travelers. If there is anything we can do to make your experience in Tromsø better, please let our team know. We are available 7 days per week.
Keeping our Earth Clean & Happy
In order to run an eco-friendly organization, we choose to use sailing boats and electric cars for the majority of our tours. When using our mini busses, we also measure the amount of fuel we use and offset our carbon footprint with a carbon neutralizer company.
Sit back & relax, we will take your photos
We love showing you our backyard, which is why we have a variety of spots marked on our maps. We will take you to the best one depending on the weather conditions during the time of your tour. All to make you feel comfortable while out on the water, or on a land-based tour. We will also take professional photos during this tour that will be sent to you 72 hours later. Sit back & relax.
No Northern Lights?
Our team forecasts the local weather along with talking to a network of guides in the area to ensure you have the highest chance of seeing the lights. We recommend that you stay for a few days to increase your chances in case of unfortunate weather conditions.
What about food?
We have partnered with one of our favorite local restaurants where we will provide a delicious meal for you to enjoy in front of a campfire, under the Northern Lights. Before & after the tour you are more than welcome to our Arctic lounge for fresh coffee & tea.
Bringing the entire gang along?
If you are traveling in a bigger group we can offer several cars or buses where you will all get to enjoy the Northern Lights with the entire group. Please feel free to contact us if you are a larger group as we have great experience in hosting big events, both on land and at sea.
Looking for something more?
All of our tours can be made private, personalized or special for you. Just message or email our team at email@example.com.
Your guide will take complimentary photos of you with the Northern Lights or the Arctic Nature Scenery
How do you prefer to book your travels?
Snapshots from this tour
"Literally, the best vacation of my life" - Philip, Sweden
"They just pamper you" - Daisy, Norway
"This trip opened my heart while reflecting the meaning of life" - Marie, Brazil
"We loved Pukka so much, we went back on their boat the same day" - Nan, USA